Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to "The Voices of Lilith and Judith"

Welcome to "The Voices of Lilith and Judith."  I am starting this blog because I have finally decided to step up my involvement in the continual fight for women's equality.  Up until recently, I had been very happy fighting for women's rights and equality through my personal advocacy and through one-on-one conversations with my friends - both male and female.  Then I ended up in a relationship with a feminist (not sure he realized he was one till we started dating).  As in the beginning of most relationships, you tend to talk about your values, beliefs, etc.  I found myself having to fully verbalize why I am constantly in the fight for women's equality.  In these discussions, I realized that a lot of what I do is to benefit my younger relatives as well as involve them in the fight as they grow up.  I also realized that I need to step up my game, which led to the creation of this blog.  It may seem a minor contribution to some, but to me, this is a giant step forward. 

The purpose of this blog is two-fold:

First, to create a place where other women in the fight can gather, knowing that there are still other warriors fighting alongside her.  It's to be a place of nurturing and camaraderie.  To emphasize this point, I plan on having my friends chime in as guest bloggers every now and then to provide different voices in the fight.

Second, it is to be a place of education, highlighting the still ever growing inequalities that many people may overlook because these inequalities are unfortunately part of the everyday norm.

One thing that I don't want this blog to be is a place to bash men, especially since so many of them are fighting right alongisde us. 

I'm not sure what my blogging schedule will be, but I do promise to have at least weekly updates. 

Thank you for following along and joining me in the fight! Welcome fellow warriors!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy, have you ever seen Searching for Angela Shelton? Did I ever tell you about it? I can't remember. I was thinking about it tonight and how I may post about it eventually, but then it is right up your alley so I thought I would mention it. I have the documentary if you ever want to borrow it. Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving. I am testing you to see if you check your comments - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn, I haven't seen it. When I see you next, I will borrow it from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete